Shamrock Seed & Potting Compost is specially developed to care for delicate seeds.
- Loosely fill a clean tray or pot with compost and firm lightly. Water gently.
- Sow seeds thinly and evenly.
- Carefully cover with compost.
- Place glass and newspaper or alternatively a plastic bag over the tray. Remove as soon as germination begins.
- Place in a warm position.
Shamrock Seed & Potting compost ensures healthy growth and vivid colour of developing plants.
- Once seedlings are large enough to handle, transplant into trays filled with Shamrock Seed & Potting Compost.
- Lift seedlings by the leaf to avoid damage to the stem.
- Space them 5cm apart to allow room for development – water gently and regularly to prevent the compost drying out.
- Plant out to beds and borders when ready.
- Before planting gradually harden off plants to accustom them to outdoor temperatures.
- Take cuttings making a clean sloping cut below a leaf joint and use a proprietary rooting powder to assist rooting.
- Insert cutting into seed tray or pot filled with Shamrock Seed & Potting Compost.
- Water gently and cover with a plastic bag to maintain a moist atmosphere and to prevent cutting from drying out.
- Transplant when roots appear.
Repotting pot plants:
Shamrock Seed & Potting Compost’s level of wetting agent combined with its balanced range of nutrients and trace elements make it the ideal compost for potting up all your plants.
- Obtain a new pot 1-2 sizes larger than the existing one and fill bottom of the pot with Shamrock Seed & Potting Compost. Water the plant to be re-potted.
- Tip gently out of the pot. Place plant into the new pot at the same level as before.
- Fill in around the roots with the compost and firm gently.
- Water lightly after potting.
- After a period of 4-6 weeks feed with a suitable fertiliser such as Miracle-Gro Plant Food.
Advantages of Shamrock Seed & Potting Compost:
- Provides plants with nutrient requirements for 4-6 weeks
- Ensures better root growth and development for healthier plants
- Special wetting agent aids in the re-wetting of the compost
- Ready to use straight from the bag
People who use this compost also like Bord na Móna Growise Chicken Manure which is a general purpose plant food which provides the major nutrients required for strong healthy growth.